Thursday, June 23, 2011

Doing a podcast tonight with some pals.

Today, using a sophisticated number graph grid thingy, I took up the challenge of drawing a character of my choosing in a style that would be determined by fate and the cosmos.

What I did was use this image. The numbers at the top and side correlate to the last couple of numbers on a forum post. For you at home I suppose you could roll a pair of dice or use the last two numbers of your favorite relative's birth year.

But you pick your character that you like, and I think it works best if you choose a character with their own unique style (definitely more difficult). Then you use the chart to figure out what style you're drawing them in. If I don't know the person I google them and look at their drawings.

You win if you're character is recognizable as well as the artist you were copying. In my case I think I failed to match the style. I got Skottie Young, who I think I kind of draw a lot like in some ways already, but the guy's got that like ... pixar magic? His shapes are just really good for things. It's really simplified but he draws stuff so sketchy like. Ahhh I'm going on and on.

Here's the picture, and the guy's Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star

P.S. he's supposed to be kicking the guy in the face

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool idea! I hope to create my own, maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete