Friday, February 24, 2012

Gradients

I tried coloring with gradients, and it turned out. dunno if it turned out good but it's not nearly as bad as I expected it to look. I was inspired by a lot of James Stokoe's stuff, he uses gradients all over the place and it looks rad.


What I did was singled out different parts of the guy with candy colors using the paint brush, then used the magic wand to select those parts and then used the gradient tool. Pretty simple. and fun too. Especially when I'm bobbing my head to this crazy Gorillaz collaboration jam.

Also, I made a portfolio blog to apply for this comics internship (which I did way late so I didn't get in(but that's okay, cause I'm still gonna work on my stuff))
www.troydrawscomics.blogspot.com

There's some neat things on there, neat old things. Things that aren't on THIS blog.

PS. am I spelling gradient right?

No comments:

Post a Comment