Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Conan Copy

Did a master copy of a Savage Sword of Conan page. Original by John Buscema and Tony DeZuniga. it's from issue #40 incase y'all care.

I need more control with my inks, I get hasty and just throw down lines. More anatomy reference and lighting would be a good thing to do as well but I just hate drawing with reference, it doesn't feel like drawing it feels like copying. Not like cheating copying but like "This is what an arm should look like in that position I will draw that arm this way" instead of "I'm going to draw Conan choppin' this guy's head off! With tons'a blood!"

Juggling around reference messes up my creative flow. But I know it's something you gotta do if you want to draw something right/believable. Guess I'll just memorize what everything ever looks like.


Sorry the original scan looks like it was soaked in someone's lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment